If you grow zucchini or summer squash, chances are you have way more than you know what to do with! This recipe is perfect to use up some of the extras. The flavors are delicious and along with fresh sweet corn from the garden or farmer's market, this side screams summertime!
If you need some other recipes to use up your garden bounty, make sure you try Oatmeal, Zucchini Pecan Muffins, Creamy Zucchini and Carrot Soup, Cheesy Summer Squash Rice, or Shrimp with Summer Squash and Tomatoes. They are fantastic! Enjoy!
Zucchini and Sweet Corn Saute
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups zucchini or summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob (could also use frozen. Thaw before using)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, as desired
Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium saute pan. Add zucchini, onion and green pepper and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the sweet corn and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the parsley and basil. Remove from heat and serve!
Powered by Recipage
Did you enjoy this post? Sign up here to receive new posts by email or follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!