Good morning and happy Sunday!
I'm back with a super tasty recipe today that I'm so excited to share with all of you!
Not only do I have this soup recipe to share, but I'm including tons of recipe links from my Sunday Supper blogging friends. All of these recipes use fresh tomatoes and are oh, so good!
Today is a day I could use a big bowl of soup like this. I've been fighting a cold all week and after work last night, I've completely lost my voice 😳
I work at a really amazing non-profit, Promise Neighborhood of Central Minnesota and every other Friday evening we have our Youth Night program. After chatting with parents and kids all evening, I woke up this morning and couldn't talk at all.
It's all worth it, of course! We provide educational mentoring and tutoring, arts, games, food and so much more for low income youth in our community! It's seriously a blast and I feel so blessed to be able to work there. Plus, I get to plan the menu for the kids there and we all know how much I love food!
Good thing my second job, blogging doesn't require me to actually speak so here I am writing to all of you!
Okay, first let me just say, this soup is tasty. Not only tasty, but pretty fantastic overall. I'm normally a fan of basil with my tomato soup, but the fresh dill tastes it to a whole different level. SO good!
It combines fresh roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes and fresh veggies for a unique and hearty bowl of goodness. When I blended mine, I left it a little chunky because I love the texture, but you can also blend it to be super smooth.
Top it off with some crackers or croutons, or dip a piece of your favorite crusty bread in it and eat it that way.
This recipe freezes well for future meals, and also re-heats well for lunches throughout the week. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Thanks to Rini from Healing Tomato for hosting Sunday Supper this week!
I can't get enough of fresh tomatoes, especially from the garden and am super excited to give some of these recipes a try!
Make sure to check out all the recipes below that catch your eye! My soup recipe can be found by scrolling a little further down! 😀
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
If you like this recipe, follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!
Rustic Dill Tomato Soup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the roma tomatoes in half lengthwise and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
Cool slightly, then remove tomato skins.
In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the carrot, onion, celery and garlic, and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
Add the diced tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, broth, sugar and dill, then increase heat slightly and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Use an immersion blender and puree soup until you reach a thick, chunky consistency.
Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve with croutons, crusty bread or crackers.
Powered by Recipage
Other posts you may enjoy:
Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy! 💚💚💚