This post contains affiliate links. For more info, click here!
I have a fantastic slow cooker recipe for you today!
This soup turned out wonderful!! It has a little bit of heat, but I served sour cream on the side, and a little of that with each bite was fantastic! If you're not a fan of a little spiciness, you can use the mild can of diced tomatoes rather than the spicy. The veggies were a perfect addition, along with the rice! I love that this soup is meatless, but you could always add some chicken or ground beef and let it cook along with everything else! It's so perfect topped of with a bunch of shredded cheddar. This will be a new fall and winter favorite, especially since most of the ingredients come right from the pantry!
Slow Cooker Mexican Tomato, Rice and Veggie Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1- 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 14.5 ounce can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1- 14.5 ounce can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 1- 11 ounce can white corn
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- sour cream and shredded cheddar for topping, optional
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, cumin and chili powder and saute for 5 minutes. Add this and all ingredients to a 4 quart slow cooker except the cilantro and lime juice. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours, until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, then serve topped with sour cream and cheddar.
Powered by Recipage
Did you enjoy this post? Sign up here to receive new posts by email or follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!