This post contains affiliate links. HECR earns a small commission from purchases made through these links at no cost to you. Thanks for the support!
A delicious and decadent holiday treat! Full of delicious minty flavor and tons of chocolate goodness! Great for any Christmas holiday gathering!
Hello blog friends!
Sheena's sister Shannon here with a amazing dessert that you absolutely must make this holiday season!
We were super excited to make a seasonal recipe that was super cute for this time of the year!
Then we decided to make some super yummy homemade brownies with a delicious peppermint filling, topped with a decadent chocolate ganache!
These beautiful morsels of goodness are just heavenly and super to please any mint lover in your life!
Peppermint Ganache Brownies Recipe
Ingredients (9x13 pan)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mint Filling
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoon whipping cream
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Optional: Candy Canes, crush and sprinkled on top of ganache.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
2. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix on low until combined and smooth.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
4. Add flour and salt. Stir until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30ish minutes. Do not over bake. Cool brownies completely.
1. Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy.
2. Spread filling over cooled brownies. Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the filling is thick and set.
1. Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the chocolate chips start to melt (approximately 1-1 1/2 minutes). Take out and stir until it's somewhat smooth. Put back in microwave for approximately 30 second longer.
2. Pour ganache over the mint filling and either smooth out or tilt the pan allowing the ganache to over all of the filling.
3. Sprinkle optional crushed candy canes on top of the ganache.
4. Put assembled brownies in the refrigerator until completely set. Cut with a sharp knife and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
If you liked this post, follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!
Other posts you may enjoy: