A delicious fall comfort food that's delicious served with mashed potatoes or rice! The slightly sweet and savory combo is a wonderful dinner option!
I love fall! My favorite things about fall are apple everything, comfort foods, sweatshirts, cool weather and the leaves changing color!
When it comes to apples, I love fresh apple cider, and also making both sweet and savory recipes using apples.
Today I'm once again joining a few of my greatest blogger friends to bring you a fantastic collection of apple recipes for fall! I have 10 other apple recipes besides mine and they are some of the best!
Back in June we did a collection of No Bake Desserts, and in April we did Strawberry Recipes! Apples are so perfect for September, so we decided to try it out this month!
Today's recipe is easy peasy! All you do is slice everything, sprinkle on some brown sugar and seasonings, start the slow cooker and forget about it until it's done!
The combo of sausage, apples and onions make a delicious sauce and we served it over mashed potatoes and used the sauce as a gravy!
It would also be wonderful with rice, or without any sides if you prefer. The apples take on more of a savory flavor when cooked with the sausage and onions, and the brown sugar gives it a slight sweetness that completely compliments the rest of the ingredients!
This would also be very good with pork chops instead of the sausage, or use some of both!
Check out all the other delicious APPLE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Apple Challenge.
- Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups by Lovefoodies
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cake by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping by Manila Spoon
- Apple Pie Cupcakes by Num's the Word
- Apple Pecan Dump Cake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Homemade Chocolate Apples by Culinary Ginger
- Overnight Streusel Apple Cinnamon French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Crumb Cake by Life Currents
- Apple Fritter Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Caramel Apple Cobbler by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions
Ingredients (6 servings)
Place ingredients in slow cooker in order listed.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve over mashed potatoes with extra juices as the gravy.
Powered by Recipage
If you liked this post, follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!
Kitchen items you may need:
Other posts you may enjoy: