I'm back with my blogger friends to bring you another round-up of amazing recipes! Remember last month's chicken recipes and the lemon recipes from the month before? Well, this month we have some fabulous strawberry recipes! Make sure to scroll down after my recipe to check them out! There's a great selection and something for everyone!
I'm sharing a wonderful Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa! The combo of sweet, savory and a little bit of spiciness is a perfect snack, appetizer or topping to grilled chicken or fish! We ate it with chips and then made another batch the next evening since it was SO good! My boyfriend requested it again which was surprising since he usually isn't as adventurous as me when it comes to unusual food combos!
I'm LOVING all the strawberries at the grocery store right now! We've been finding some great tasting ones for store bought, but I cannot wait for freshly picked strawberries! It's still cold here in Minnesota, so it feels more like soup and casserole weather versus spring and summery recipes right now, but hopefully it will warm up within the next week!
My rhubarb has been growing like crazy, so expect some rhubarb recipes to come your way within the next month! Rhubarb has always been a favorite of mine, we grew up eating it raw sprinkled with salt or sugar! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! If you need some rhubarb recipes to try out, I have quite a few on the blog! My favorites are: Rhubarb Coffee Cake, Rhubarb Cream Cake, and Rhubarb and Peach Lemonade!
I hope you enjoy today's recipe! Do you have a favorite strawberry recipe?
Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa
Ingredients (4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh peaches, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until serving or serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Powered by Recipage
Check out all the other lovely strawberry recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Strawberry Challenge.
- Strawberry Pound Cake by Lovefoodies
- Strawberry Crisp by Num's the Word
- Strawberry Creme Bars by Life Currents
- Strawberry popsicles (ice lollies) by Culinary Ginger
- Strawberry Pudding by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angel Food Cake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf by Who Needs A Cape?
- Strawberry BBQ Chicken by Savory Experiments
- Strawberry Zabaione by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Frozen Strawberry Easy Dessert by Noshing With The Nolands
Kitchen items you may need: (affiliate links)
Other posts you may enjoy: