Need a new weeknight dinner? This tasty pasta is ready in less than 30 minutes and is full of cheesy, beefy goodness!
If you've been following me for awhile, then you know I have a huge love for everything pasta! 💜
It's my family's and my favorite!
Today's recipe is family friendly, packed full of green, leafy kale and oh, so delicious!
Plus, my bloggy friends are back for our recipe challenge! Woo-hoo! That means you get this wonderful pasta recipe, plus 8 more from my friends when you scroll down a little!
Remember some of our past challenges?
You can find the chocolate recipes here, the apple recipes here, and the no bake dessert recipes here!
They are all quite amazing and I hope you stop by and show their recipes some love!
We had a super busy weekend this past weekend!
My daughter Ella celebrated her 10th birthday on Sunday, so we decided instead of a big birthday party this year, we'd take her to stay at a hotel and hit up Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America!
She chose one friend to come with, and they had a blast hanging out in the ride lines together, while my boyfriend chatted and relaxed on the benches nearby!
When weekends are busy, recipes like this penne are great to whip up after you get home for a quick dinner, and leftovers for work lunch the next day.
The red sauce has a unique flavor from the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, and the tomatoes and kale bring it all together! I topped it of with a handful of delicious cheese! Cheese makes everything better, right?
Now, time to check out my blogger friends recipes below!
Check out all the other delicious EASY PASTA DINNERS recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Pasta Challenge.
- Garlic Meatballs and Pasta from Lovefoodies
- One Pot Pizza Tortellini Bake from Life Currents
- Easy Bow Tie Pasta Soup from Blessed Beyond Crazy
- One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta from Noshing With The Nolands
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup from Who Needs A Cape?
- Classic penne all'arrabbiata from Culinary Ginger
- Pasta in Creamy Sausage Sauce from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Cheesy Beef and Kale Penne Pasta from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Spaghetti and Peas from Savory Experiments
After checking out this post, you have no shortage of dinner recipes to choose from! Add them to your menu plan, and let us know what you think!
Thanks SO much for stopping by today! Enjoy! 🍝
Cheesy Beef and Kale Penne Pasta
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook penne pasta according to package directions and drain. Do not rinse.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet add ground beef, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Brown ground beef until no longer pink.
Add the tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
Rinse kale in a strainer with warm water, squeeze to drain, then add to the skillet along with the cooked pasta. Stir to combine and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top and cover the skillet to melt cheese. Remove from heat and serve.
Powered by Recipage
If you like this post, follow the Hot Eats and Cool Reads board on Pinterest here!
Other recipes you may enjoy: